"My goal for Flora is to provide a space for women to discuss every aspect of life with someone who truly cares and truly listens. "
Janessa completed her Bachelor of Kinesiology at Acadia University, specializing in Sports Injury Assessment and Management, and is a graduate of the Master of Science in Physical Therapy program at Queen’s University. Janessa’s experiences led her to be the senior student therapist for Acadia’s national finalist women’s varsity soccer team, providing her with an early interest and extensive experience related to female athletes and pelvic-related conditions at the national athletic level.
My physiotherapist, Janessa Russett, is very professional and knowledgeable. She helped me get rid of the pain in the shoulder and arm as well as the tingling in the hand with only 9 sessions. THANK YOU!
"My special interest lies within the pre and postpartum journey and keeping women active and comfortable through this time. "
Janessa has a special interest and pre and post-natal women’s health, and loves helping to empower women through education, support, and evidence-based treatment. Janessa has mentored from and worked with world-renowned experts in women’s health, such as Jessie Mundell, Antony Lo, and Dr. Sinead Dufour. She has advanced training in pelvic conditions such as pelvic pain, incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pregnancy-related pain, persistent low back pain, diastasis recti (abdominal separation), and returning to exercise after a major life
event such as birth. Janessa also has additional training in the treatment of blocked milk ducts in lactating women. She strongly believes that every woman is capable of improving their function and quality of life, no matter the symptoms or diagnosis.
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy at Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Kinesiology from Acadia University
- Certified in acupuncture and dry needling, and has years of experience working with female varsity level athletes and programming their needs-based rehabilitation
- Specialized training in trauma-informed treatment
- Completed mentorship programs with the world-renowned physio Antony Lo
- Trained in Pelvic Health Solutions for internal assessment and treatment of pelvic health conditions
- Certified in Pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain, and Pelvic Floor taught by Dr. Sinead Dufour through Pelvic Health Solutions
- Trained in breast health and lactation from Mercedes Eusterling, pelvic physiotherapist, and lactation consultant
- Postnatal Fitness Specialist